Monday, October 19, 2009

Disappearing Socks

Daniel has a knack for hiding things lately. Recently Jessica and I spent several minutes trying to locate a half-full bottle of Daniel's milk, not wanting to wait for a sour smell to eventually reveal the location. Turns out he had hidden it behind some furniture on a window sill.

Yesterday before church, as I was ready to put Daniel's shoes on I found that he had taken his socks off. I looked high. I looked low. Nowhere to be found. So I asked Daniel, "Daniel, where are your socks?" He went and stood near his dresser, holding his hands up. "Smart kid, he knows where his socks come from" I thought to myself. But on and on I searched, finally heading to the kitchen to look in the drawers and lower cabinets. Even though we've locked the lower cabinets, Daniel has found a way to open the drawers above and slide objects underneath to fall into the cabinet below. But still no socks. After twenty minutes of looking everywhere, they are simply gone. Maybe he ate them.

Finally, going back to his room and opening his top drawer, which is the sock drawer, low and behold there they were! Daniel had put his socks back in the sock drawer! He had even tried to tell me where he had put them! What a stinker :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...