Saturday, June 28, 2008

Are you Ready?

This is what everyone wants to know. Are we ready for the baby? What kind of answer are people looking for here? I'm pretty sure there isn't a right one.
I typically say "No, I'm not ready because the kid needs to cook for about 2 more months." Judging by people's responses, this isn't what they were expecting.
But if I were to say, "Yep, we're ready!" Every mother within earshot would tell me about how even when they're 18, you're still not ready.

As far as baby accouterments go, all I've got is 4 onsies, a mattress and the diapers, wipes and shampoo my mom thinks I'm crazy for stocking up on already. Since I'm planning on breastfeeding, in the most basic sense diapers is really all I need. So am I ready in that regard?
As far as being a parent, I've been closley watching several mommies for a while now, and they've assured me that I'll do great, and that I know more than I feel like I do.

I honestly feel like I'm as ready as I can be right now. No I don't know what it's like to wake up every three hours, I don't know what it's like to change 10 or 15 diapers in a day. I don't know what it's like to clean a bellybutton or a circumcised penis. But I feel like I've got a realistic idea of what it's like to handle these things.

I think a better question might be are you ready to give me the prayer, support and encouragement I'll need?

2 comments:

  1. Well I have been watching you and Tommy together lately and I know that when you put so much love and support into each other already that your baby is going to be so blessed and loved by you both. I'm still learning everyday how to be a parent...the key is that we keep learning and God will prepare us in His time and in His way..We pray for, support and hopefully encourage you both!~ Tiffani and Marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. TPLinkWifi gives elite to its clients, and the clients can take full-points of interest of the gadget. In any case for that it is obligatory to arrangement the TPLink switch.

    TPLinkWifi
    TP Link Login
    TP Link Drivers
    Amazon.com/code
    Cash App Login
    Bitdefender Login
    Roadrunner Email
    Linksys Extender Setup
    Belkin Setup

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...