I realize that it's only November 14th, and Christmas is still about six weeks away, but I'm dying to get my Christmas stuff out. The past few years I've waited until after Thanksgiving, I don't know what the big deal is this year.
1. I love Christmas. I believe Easter has far more religious significance for me, whereas Christmas has more traditional and familial significance, though those do tie back into my Christian faith, just not specifically into the virgin birth.
2. Cold Weather. If I put out all my trees, nativities and snowmen.. won't that make it cold outside?
3. One of my 30 by 30 is to make a Christmas inventory, and I'm anxious to get started.
4. I have a TON of my Christmas shopping done, and I want to get them wrapped and out of their hiding places so I don't forget anything.
5. It's pretty. Every time I open the boxes it's like getting these things all over again, finding and remembering lost treasures.
6. We'll be out of town until the Monday after Thanksgiving, and then again for Christmas, so it's not like I even get to see everything for the full Thanksgiving to New Year's window.
Whatcha think? Can I?
Here's a few pictures of years gone by:
This is my very first Christmas tree, the only real one I've had, complete with Tommy's Flaming angel on top.
This is from our first married Christmas in 2005. I loved that apartment, but sometimes I forget that it was small and cramped too.
This is our first Christmas in Fort Worth, and I'm excited to see how it will look since we've rearranged so much since last year.