Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WIP Wednesday #2

**I accidentally deleted this post, but with the help of my husband, have recreated it. All original comments are lost however.



This week I got the urge to re-organize my stash after coming across a post from In Color Order about folding methods. She also gives great advice on how to sort fabrics as well. I only did this to fabric less than one yard, the rest is folded differently.



Christmas Fabrics- I can't wait for cooler weather!! It's hard to even look at these when it's 108 outside!!
 


These are whites, black & whites, and batiks,
and prints with many colors



ROYGBV


And I finished 2 quilts this week!!


I used several different thread colors to outline each block in this cheater cloth.



This panel and several of the fabrics came from my grandmom a while back. I finished the top sometime last year, but didn't get around to basting it until recently.


And the show stopper:

Half Square Triangles made for a dear friend.



I suppose you'll just have to tilt your head.
Sometimes I really hate Blogger. But blogging takes enough time without figuring out how to do it 'better'

 

Tiffani has been an incredible source of support and encouragement as I've dealt with infertility the last two years. She and her husband have been trying for a while too. What a blessing to have a friend to commiserate with and to seek joy in the midst with!



Tiffani has mentioned a few times that she knows when they have another baby I will make them a quilt.
The Lord hasn't withheld good things from me while I'm waiting, Why should I withhold this from my dear friend!?
Though I am kinda withholding since I won't let her take possession until I can show it off at quilt sitters at my LQS.

Tiffani- I love you like a sister and pray that the Lord would open your womb and bless your family with another baby to raise to his glory! Until that day, I can't think of anyone I'd rather wait with!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...