Saturday, February 25, 2012

Upgrade

Thursday was quite a big day for us! I drove my wonderful Toyota for the last time.  I have been so blessed by that car, and certainly got my Dad's money's worth out of it! He bought it for me in February 2003, 9 years ago to the month. Between Tommy's automotive know-how and an overall excellent vehicle, the repairs and such have been minimal. We've probably spent as much on maintenance (oil changes, registration and inspection) as we ever did on anything else. 


It's been a little sad, missing it, but I am very happy with my 'new' car. However I thought I'd reminisce a bit.


I miss you old friend, hopefully you will bless your next owner as you did me!


-I had only driven a stick twice before driving off the lot!


-Shortly after getting my Corolla, my friend Stephanie had a little birthday bash and had a tub of butter left over which I didn't want to go to waste, so I brought home. Except I forgot to take it out of the trunk. By the time I found it, it had completely melted, and was soaked into the trunk. But it never seemed any worse for the wear.




Rockin' the tape adaptor


-My car was in two accidents, both happened while I was parked at the curb. Once at Maker Mama's house, and once at my not-yet inlaws.

-The rear driver's side hubcap fell off 6 1/2 years ago, shortly before we moved to Fort Worth, when I drove from my apartment to Thundercloud Subs, just a couple miles away. I never replaced it, but was often told, "I saw you driving, and knew it was you because of your missing hubcap."


I hit 100,000 miles in October of 2007. When we traded it in there was almost 165,000 miles on it!

-I put close to 130,000 miles on it, but the furthest I ever drove in it was to St. Louis, MO.

-I used to get 40mpg and could drive from my apartment in San Antonio to my parent's townhouse in Houston and back again on one tank of gas, 400 miles exactly.



Our 'new' car doesn't have tons of bells and whistles, but it is a great fit for our family. And besides, what's a car in light of eternity?
2004 Subaru Outback

Some fun things about our new car:

-heated cloth seats
-cruise control! Yay!
-paid for!
-all wheel drive
-roof rack



This is a cool car Mom!


1 comment:

  1. Love the new car, it was a comfy ride to the retreat and it comes with great company.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...