Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Yolanda's Quilt

This is my second finish of 2013, as well as the second completed quilt made from the blocks received from my grandmom. It's hard to see from these pictures, but several of the prints in the quilt have an oriental motif. This is now at home with my Uncle David and Aunt Yolanda.

This was my first time putting blocks on point.  I adore how it came out, and think the cornerstones are absolutely perfect.

For quilting I did concentric circles which was surprisingly easy, a technique I'm sure to repeat in the future. 


(top) original layout (second) revised layout balancing colors and weight (third) finished top (bottom) quilting (large) the quilt made a sort of birds nest as I twisted it through the machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...