Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Questions

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Feel free to join in if you need some blog inspiration! Thanks Tiffany!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I am a professional wrapper, thank you very much!

2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial, they got me at pre-lit.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Before Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down?
In the new year

5. Do you like eggnog?
not so much


6. Favorite gift received as a child? good question

7. Hardest person to buy for? My father-in-law

8. Easiest person to buy for? myself... err, I mean Tommy

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
we have several, but I only put one out this year, and I'm not sure it's even my favorite


10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, I enjoy opening them

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
a re-gifted re-gift, with a card addressed to a person I'd never heard of from a person I'd never heard of enclosed


12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Home Alone

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas
? I never stop


14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but I try to avoid what happened in #11

16. Lights on the tree? White

17. Favorite Christmas song? Handel's Messiah

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Who?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Nothing at the moment, our last angel was retired, and I haven't found any good replacement

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? with my family on Christmas Eve and Tommy's family Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year. The Christmas Shoes Song

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have no theme

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Tamales


25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
My advisor to email me and say "We reviewed your transcript, and you have enough credits for graduation, please reply with your address so we can mail your diploma."

2 comments:

  1. I'm hard to buy for? It's possible I guess. I think I'm really easy for an old bald guy, in that gifting way. I just want socks, comfy shirts, fun hats, and underwear that has elastic that works. Don't need electronics, gadgets, games, or books. About books. . . Don't get me wrong, I love to read, I just like what interests me at the moment. I don't usually get excited about someone else's favorite book. When I do buy books, they're used and much cheaper. I like bargain knowledge.

    I like Christmas for the time spent with others, not the number of presents or dollar value. If I need anything, which is not much, I usually just go out and get it. I don't see myself as overly materialistic though. I don't shop much unless something wears out or breaks. I haven't been to any of the area malls in years. What gets me excited is knowing someone knows me well enough to get me a "me" gift (kind of like the "Gift of the Magi" type gift without the huge personal sacrifice.) I have to admit, that has rarely happened and I have probably stopped trying myself. You'll never find that kind of gift, however, on someone's wish-list (which, as you know, I don't do. . . sorry).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...