Monday, September 13, 2010

A Finish and Pillows

You may remember that I completed this top back in May. Then when we went to visit my parents in last month, my mom and I visited Sunflower Quilts where the sweet owner helped us choose the backing fabric, which my mom generously bought for me. I finished quilting and binding it the day before Daniel's birthday party.
After living on the back of the couch for a while, I decided that our previous blue and yellow pillows no longer matched. I also realized that my fall decor looks so sparse in the house as compared to an apartment. New pillows were in order.

I knocked both of these out today, they were super quick and I was happy with the somewhat improvisational techniques I used. The left one is a log cabin, something I've wanted to try for a while, but felt overwhelmed by. No longer; it was super quick and easy to throw together. The one on the right used a technique I had wanted to try for a while, and I was really pleased with the results.
I'd like to make one more using this idea, but I need to get the right appliqué iron-on stuff.
This is Daniel's "Say Cheese" face.
Both of the pillows are backed in the leaf batik print from my stash and were made from scraps leftover from the quilt. It was nice to work on a project without having to buy anything! I hear so many other sewers talking about how pillows are great projects because they are so quick and you can try new techniques. I absolutely agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...